Reuters reported on 13 May 2015 : The Czech Republic blocked an attempted purchase by Iran this year of a large shipment of sensitive technology useable for nuclear enrichment after false documentation raised suspicions, U.N. experts and Western sources said…..in January Iran attempted to buy compressors - which have nuclear and non-nuclear applications - made by the U.S.-owned company Howden CKD Compressors. A Czech state official and a Western diplomat familiar with the case confirmed to Reuters that Iran had attempted to buy the shipment from Howden CKD in the Czech Republic, and that Czech authorities had acted to block the deal.
Also earlier the British Government had informed United Nations of Iranian “attempts a year ago to buy uranium enrichment technology on the black market…“The UK government informed the (UN) panel on 20 April 2015 that it ‘is aware of an active Iranian nuclear procurement network which has been associated with Iran’s Centrifuge Technology Company (TESA) and Kalay Electric Company (KEC).”(Guardian 30 April 2015)
KEC is under Security Council sanctions while TESA is under American and European Union sanctions because of their suspected involvement in developing centrifuges for a uranium enrichment programme banned by the UN.
Such attempts to get hold of illegal technology during the current nuclear talks, clearly show that Iran has never given up its ambitions to make a nuclear bomb and has been misusing the on-going negotiations. Experience tells us that this regime only understand a language of firmness and consequently numerous concessions by the 5+1 and particularly by USA has only encouraged and will encourage Tehran even more in the future to continue its secret nuclear projects.
According to these recent pieces of information, we believe :
1. A regime which has been engaged in secret and deceptive activities for 3 decades and indeed over the past 2 years of negotiations even after signing the Geneva agreement by no means can be trusted. Therefore extending this regime's escape for another 6 or 9 months will solve no problem whatsoever. The only way is to enforce the UN Security Council Resolutions, put a complete end to its enrichment and to dissolve its nuclear sites.
2. Unless the above points are implemented, no sanctions against Iran should be lifted otherwise all the income derived from lifting the sanctions will be spent on purchase of weapons and equipment for nuclear weapon projects.
3. Iran regime must sign the Additional Protocol and accept unnoticed inspections at any time and any site including all its military and civil sites.
4. Iran regime must present to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) all the necessary explanations regarding possible military dimensions (PMD).
5. The Iranian regime must disclose to the IAEA the list of all its nuclear experts and its networks involved in smuggling nuclear equipment so that they could be interviewed and investigated.
President of International Committee In Search of Justice (ISJ)
Vice President of European Parliament (1999-2014)